Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere so, whether you can spot it or not, chances are your house has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the species of mold that has spread in your home or business can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores travel through the air and enter buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a home on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be basically impossible for you to stop mold encountering your home. It’s only when there is mold growing in your home that you have cause for worry. Having an expert to turn to who will advise on the species of mold present is worth the expense. Add to that an expert who will orchestrate the best way to treat it then perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential emergency restorative services for all types of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has in depth experience in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best to work with a company that specializes in all aspects relating to the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your house and major health problems for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can negatively affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the surfaces it lives in, this means the longer it remains untreated in your home, the worse its effects are. The professionals with Paul Davis can correctly identify the species of mold growing in your property and effectively deal with treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general types of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people that suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microorganisms.
With the range of molds that can reside in properties, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis can assist with making your home healthy and safe from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that grows both outdoors and indoors. It can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi which enters homes. It grows in porous, overtly moist areas like wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor strains bring about asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, luckily is the least common household mold. It requires excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out light brown or pink in color then deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, responsible for skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages and carries a musty odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in both cold and warm areas and spreads quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in colder temperatures, this mold is coral or pink in color and is commonly located in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It does well in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always located in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds that contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Talk to Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might know or suspect there is mold in your residence call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation services required to eradicate damaging mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.