Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere so, whether you can identify it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is something that occurs naturally, although the kind of mold that grows in your house or business can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores move through the air and enter buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a residence on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be virtually impossible for you to eliminate mold encountering your property. It’s only as mold is growing in your home that you need to be worried. Having an expert to speak with who will advise on the type of mold present is imperative. Add to that an expert who will devise the optimal way to treat it and carry out the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for all types of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
When you have Paul Davis inspect your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the first step in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best to work with a company that specializes in all aspects relating to the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your home along with major health concerns for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can negatively affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through any surface it’s found in, this means that the longer it remains without treatment in your property, the worse its effects are. The professionals with Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your home and effectively handle treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 basic species of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic substances.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in homes, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis can assist in helping make your residence healthy and free from the most insidious molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which thrives both indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be located in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It grows in porous, overtly moist surfaces such as textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds bring about asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least common household mold is lucky, as it is among the more insidious. It requires excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins light brown or pink in color but darkens to dark brown-black the older it is. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, responsible for skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It carries a musty odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in both cold and warm environments and spreads rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and migrating in cold temperatures, Fusarium is coral or pink colored and is most commonly located in soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It thrives in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, textiles and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect you have mold in your residence call the team with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation services required to eradicate insidious mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.