Water Damage Can Happen Anywhere
With a large home to maintain and clean, checking for water damage probably isn’t a priority. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often found when it’s too late to reverse the damage. Has your home undergone water damage? It’s important to call the professionals immediately. Your local Paul Davis professionals will be able to evaluate and restore any water damage they discover in your home. But there are preemptive steps that any homeowner can take to prevent expensive water damage repairs. It’s important be aware of the signs of water damage in your home.
The Causes of Water Damage
We all have an appliance we rely on. Unfortunately, a malfunctioning appliance can cause unforeseen issues in your daily schedule. Any appliance, whether it’s a shower, refrigerator water dispenser, sink or toilet, any of these appliances can cause major problems by flooding. When an emergency strikes, the experts from Paul Davis can arrive on the scene to mend any leaks and quickly repair water damage. Rely on Paul Davis to fix water damage from:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Water Damage Prevention
There’s nothing worse than experiencing water damage on your property knowing you could have stopped it. There are ways to prevent this. Do the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
A seemingly innocent leaking faucet or shower head can easily turn into a bigger problem. You can take preemptive actions to stop water damages. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. Paul Davis has taken care of water damages in houses for years. Let us take care of you.