The Harm of Water Damage
Unless you’ve been trained on water damage, it can be extremely difficult to notice. If you’re a homeowner looking for professionals that are experienced in water damage, rely on Paul Davis. Our experienced professionals have repair water damage at every level of severity at extremely reasonable prices. If your home sustains unforeseen water damage, don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. However, every homeowner needs to have the skill of identifying water damage. There are preemptive actions you can take to prevent water damage in your home. The best way to tackle water damage is to prevent it from happening in the first place.
How Water Damage Happens
Prevention is the most productive method to avoid water damage. That’s why it’s imperative to be on the lookout for the signs of water damage. You might have to take the time to analyze the parts of the home that use the most water. You can never be too cautious. Here‘s what can cause water damage in the home:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Water Damage Can Be Avoided
There’s nothing as frustrating as finding water damage on your property knowing you could have prevented it. Don’t let this happen to you. Do the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
A seemingly innocent leaky pipe or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis (517) 465-3096. We have over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Let us help you.