The Dangers of Water Damage
No property can be immune to water damages. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages to your property. Water damages can take take a severe toil on you and your family. At Paul Davis, we understand.In order to minimize the amount of damage your home will undergo, contact the professionals immediately. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your home, they’ll analyze and fix the problem. While we can help restore your building, there are ways you can avoid the cost of water damage. Knowing how to guard your property from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
How Does Water Damage Occur?
How can you avoid water damages? By stopping it from occurring in the first place. That’s why it’s imperative to be on the lookout for the signs of water damage. You’ll have to take the time to analyze the parts of the home that use water. You can never be too careful. Here are a few causes of water water damage:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Water Damage Prevention
Don’t wait for water damage to occur– take action. Productive prevention is the best way to avoid pricey repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims. To prevent water damage, consider the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Has your home undergone water damages? Don’t wait. Waiting only makes the damages worse. For efficient water damage restoration services, contact Paul Davis today at (517) 465-3096. When your local Paul Davis professionals arrive, you can relaxing knowing your home will be taken care of. No matter how serious the damages, Paul Davis can handle it.