Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Everyone knows how damaging fire can be in a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that can be just as detrimental. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by smoke odor and smoke soot can seriously stain walls. Experiencing a fire can have disastrous, deep-rooted effects both to your family and your house.
When your cherished possessions are damaged, it can be devastating. Paul Davis understands. That’s why as fire repair specialists, we’re here to help. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your home.
Smoke Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your HVAC system to stop spreading smoke.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to fan out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could create stains.
- Clean hard surfaces with a rag.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
Our Smoke Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing soot removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Should Trust Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. Our fire repair services will get your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are highly-trained in effective using productive equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning methods, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration experts from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.