Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Mold can be found everywhere so, whether you can spot it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is a part of nature, although the kind of mold that grows in your house or property is the real problem. Mold spores travel through the air, entering structures through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a home on shoes, clothing and animals. It can be practically impossible for you to stop mold encountering your home. You should be concerned when mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to who will advise on the species of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert who will orchestrate the optimal way to treat it and perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has in depth experience in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis provides mold remediation and removal services partnered with basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your residence and major health concerns for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold does negatively affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through any surface it resides in, this means the longer it remains without treatment in your home, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the species of mold growing in your house and effectively deal with treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 general types of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in individuals which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microbes.
With the variety of molds that can reside in structures, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is key to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis will assist in making your residence healthy and safe from the most damaging molds.
Some common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold which thrives indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be located in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold deposits in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungi that enters homes. It thrives in porous, overtly moist surfaces such as wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor kinds bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less common household mold is lucky, as it is among the more horrible. It requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. This is a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This species of mold is often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins light brown or pink in color then deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, causing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages and carries a musty odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in warm and cold environments and migrates rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in colder temperatures, Fusarium is pink or coral colored and is commonly located in soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It thrives in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is almost always located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Speak With Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know there is mold in your home call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation services required to eradicate dangerous mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.