Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere and, whether you can see it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is a part of nature, however the strain of mold that has spread in your home or property can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores migrate through the air, entering buildings through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a location on shoes, clothing and animals. It is virtually impossible for you to stop mold encountering your property. You should take action when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to speak with that can advise on the kind of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert who will orchestrate the best way for treatment and execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential emergency restorative services for all types of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
When you have Paul Davis inspect your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the first step in what can be an arduous project. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best working with a company who specializes in all aspects relating to the process. Paul Davis offers mold removal and remediation services along with basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your residence and major health problems to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold will negatively affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the surfaces it’s found in, this means that the longer it goes untreated in your property, the worse its effects are. The experts with Paul Davis can correctly identify the kinds of mold growing in your property and effectively manage treating it.
Types of Mold
There are 3 basic families of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in people who suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microorganisms.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in structures, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis will assist with helping make your house safe and free from the most damaging molds.
Some common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold that thrives indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that deposits in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It grows in porous, overtly moist surfaces like textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor kinds cause asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least common household mold is fortunate, as it’s among the more insidious. Stachybotrys needs excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. Acremonium is a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out pink or light brown in color but darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly responsive allergic mold induces eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a musty odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in warm and cold environments and migrates rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts strongly with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in cold weather, Fusarium is pink or coral colored and is most commonly located in a home’s soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It does well in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly located in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Call Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect there is mold in your house call the team with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation services required to remove damaging mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.