Smoke Damage Can Be Remediated
Fire can cause significant damage to a building. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by smoke odor, while your walls can be damaged by soot. Fires can be damaging to both to your family and your home.
When your cherished possessions are damaged, it can be disheartening. Paul Davis understands. That’s why our fire repair technicians are here to help restore your damaged possessions. Every Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us immediately, so we can reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your home.
How Can I Clean Up Smoke Damage?
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your AC to stop spreading smoke.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to push out the smoke.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Clean hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. The technicians from Paul Davis offer all-encompassing fire remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the professionals from Paul Davis. Our smoke remediation services will get your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our experts are highly-trained in effective smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration specialists from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. Our experts get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.