How Can I Clean Up Smoke Damage?
We all know how destructive fire can be in a building. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Smoke odor can overtake your home and possessions, while smoke soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. Fires can be damaging to both to your house and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your precious possessions can be disheartening. That’s why our fire repair specialists are here to help. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your home.
Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Your house can receive serious smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. Closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your HVAC system.
- To push out smokey air, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Use a rag to wipe down hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any item in your house that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Fire Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. Paul Davis offers a variety of soot repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we’re done with our smoke restoration services. Our professionals are specialized in effective smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration specialists from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. We’ll get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.