Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can spot it or not, chances are there is mold in your home. Mold is a part of nature, but the kind of mold that grows in your home or business is the real issue. Mold spores migrate through the air and enter structures through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a location on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is nearly impossible for you to stop mold entering your house. You need to be worried when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on who will tell you the kind of mold present is worth the expense. Add to that an expert that can orchestrate the optimal way for treatment and execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial abatement services for all types of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with a high level of knowledge in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the primary step in what can be a long project. When it comes to treating mold safely, your prime choice is working with a company who specializes in all aspects of the process. We offer mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your dwelling on top of major health issues for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will negatively affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the environment it grows in, meaning that the longer it goes without treatment in your house, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the strains of mold growing in your property and effectively handle treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 basic strains of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in individuals who suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microorganisms.
With the abundance of molds that can reside in structures, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis will assist in helping make your home healthy and free from the most insidious molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which thrives indoors and outdoors. It can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often located in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi that enters homes. It spreads in overtly moist, porous areas such as textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor strains trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least rampant household mold is good, as it’s among the more insidious. It needs excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. This is a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This kind of mold is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color then deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, inducing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a dank odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown over time. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in warm and cold areas and migrates quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in colder temperatures, this mold is coral or pink in color and is most commonly located in soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It does well in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, wood and textiles. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Reach Out to Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect there is mold in your home call the experts with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation servicing necessary to remove dangerous mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.