Smoke Damage Mitigation
We all know how damaging fire can be in a building. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. Smoke odor can overtake building materials and personal belongings and your walls can be stained by smoke soot. Experiencing a fire can have deep-rooted and disastrous both to your family and your home.
The specialists from Paul Davis understand that your cherished possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why as fire restoration experts, we’re ready to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
Smoke Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Your building can undergo serious soot or smoke damage without a major fire. Smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your HVAC system so smoke won’t spread.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to push out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could create stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the experts handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing fire repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we finish our fire repair services. Our specialists are specialized in effective smoke repair cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. We want you to return to your everyday schedule immediately. Reach out the fire repair services and smoke cleanup experts from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. Our experts connect you with the franchise closest to you.