The Harm of Water Damage
With a large house to clean and take care of, checking for water damage probably isn’t a priority. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often discovered when it’s too late to reverse the damage. Has your house experienced water damage? Call the experts immediately. Your local Paul Davis experts will be able to evaluate and restore any water damage they find in your house. You can take precautionary actions to stop water damage from happening. All homeowners need to be aware of how to check for water damage in your house, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
What Causes Water Damage?
We all have an appliance we rely on. But if your appliance is broken, it usually causes more harm than good. No matter if it’s your shower, refrigerator water dispenser, sink or toilet, any of these appliances can cause major issues by flooding. In the case of an emergency, the professionals from Paul Davis will arrive on the scene to fix any leaks and repair water damage quickly. Count on us to repair water damage from the following:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
How to Stop Water Damage from Occurring
Many homeowners find water damage on their property when it’s too late. In most cases, they could’ve done something to prevent it. There are ways to prevent this. Do the following to avoid water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Has your house experienced water damages? Don’t hesitate. Waiting only makes the damages worse. For high-quality water damage remediation services, contact Paul Davis today at (517) 465-3096. When your local Paul Davis experts arrive, you can rest easy knowing you’ll be in experienced hands. You can trust that we’ll take care of any water damages that have occurred in your house.