No Home is Immune to Water Damage
With a large home to maintain and clean, checking for water damage probably isn’t a priority. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to find unexpected water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. Call the professionals immediately if this happens to you. The professionals from Paul Davis will come to your property to evaluate and restore any water damage. You can take preemptive steps to avoid water damage. It’s important to be aware of how to look for water damage in your home.
How Does Water Damage Occur?
Prevention is the most effective way to beat water damage. Because of this, you need to look for signs of water damage in your home. This means finding the time to inspect the parts of the home that use water. You can never be too careful. Here are a few causes of water water damage:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage
It isn’t uncommon for homeowners to find water damage on their property when it’s too late. More often than not, it could have been prevented. You can stop this from happening. Do the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
A seemingly innocent leaking faucet or shower head can easily turn into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis (517) 465-3096. Paul Davis has taken care of water damages in homes for years. Let us take care of you.