Can Water Damage Be Harmful?
When you’re so busy cleaning and taking care of your home, checking for water damage probably isn’t a priority. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often discovered when it’s too late to reverse the damage. If this happens to you, it’s important to call the professionals immediately. Your local Paul Davis professionals will arrive at your home to assess and repair any water damage. You can take precautionary steps to prevent water damage. It’s important to know how to check for water damage in your home, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
Every home has appliances that are necessary for our day-to-day life. Unfortunately, a malfunctioning appliance can cause unforeseen issues. Whether it’s your washing machine, refrigerator water dispenser, faucets or bathtub, any of these appliances can leak and cause major problems. The professionals from Paul Davis can fix any leaks and repair water damage when emergency strikes. Rely on us to repair water damage from the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
How to Stop Water Damage from Occurring
There’s nothing worse than experiencing water damage on your property knowing you could have prevented it. You can avoid this. To prevent water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Leaking or burst pipes can bring significant damages to your home. Call Paul! at (517) 465-3096 if you have significant water damages on your hands. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your home as soon as possible. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to handle whatever water emergency you have for us.