Preventing Water Damage
You’ve got a lot worry about. Worrying about water damage probably isn’t on the top of your to-do list. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often discovered when it’s too late to reverse the damage. Call the experts immediately if this happens to you. Your local Paul Davis experts will be able to evaluate and restore any water damage. But there are things you can do around the home to prevent expensive water damage repairs. It’s important to know the signs of water damage in your home, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
What Causes Water Damage
Chances are, there‘s an appliance or two in your home that you need for day-to-day life. Unfortunately, a malfunctioning appliance can cause unforeseen issues in your everyday schedule. Any appliance, whether it’s a washing machine, dishwasher, sink or bathtub, most of these appliances can cause significant issues by overflowing. Paul Davis’ experts can patch up any leaks and repair water damage when emergency strikes. Rely on Paul Davis to repair water damage from:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Stop Water Damage from Occurring
Are you concerned about your home receiving water damages? There are a few preemptive actions that you can take. You can never be too cautious. Take the following steps to stop water damage from ruining your home:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
If your home experienced water damages, don’t wait. Waiting will only make the damages worse. Contact Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. Your local Paul Davis experts will come to your home as soon as they can. No matter how serious the damages, Paul Davis can handle it.