Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere and, whether you can identify it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the kind of mold that is found in your home or property can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores migrate through the air, entering buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also enter a building on shoes, clothing and animals. It is practically impossible for you to prevent mold encountering your house. You need to be concerned when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to consult with who will advise on the species of mold present is worth the expense. Pair that with an expert who will develop the optimal way to treat it then perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the primary step in what can be a long project. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best to work with a company which specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. Paul Davis offers mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold can cause damage to your house and major health concerns to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold does negatively affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the surfaces it’s found in, this means that the longer it remains without treatment in your house, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your home and effectively manage treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 basic families of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in individuals which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic substances.
With the abundance of molds that can reside in any given property, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis can aid in making your house healthy and safe from the most insidious molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that thrives indoors and outdoors. It can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold takes traction in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor mold easily enters homes. It spreads in overtly moist, porous locations like textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds cause asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, fortunately is a less common household mold. It requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It is a powdery mold that grows in a variety of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins pink or light brown in color then deepens to dark brown-black the older it is. This highly allergic responsive mold causes skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown over time and has a dank odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in warm and cold environments and migrates rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is commonly found in a home’s soft goods and thrives and migrates in cold temperatures. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It grows in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, wood and textiles. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is nearly always found in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Contact Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect you have mold in your house call the team with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation services necessary to remove dangerous mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.