Preventing Water Damage
With a large house to clean and take care of, checking for water damage probably isn’t a priority. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to find unforeseen water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. Call the professionals immediately if this happens to you. Your local Paul Davis professionals will come to your house to assess and repair any water damage they discover in your house. But there are precautionary steps that any homeowner can take to prevent costly water damage repairs. It’s important to know how to check for water damage in your house, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
What Causes Water Damage
How does your house sustain water damage? When extra water collects in places where it can cause problems. Paul Davis will come to your house to examine water damage at a moment’s notice. However, it’s important to know the signs of water damage. If you can avoid water damage altogether, your house will last for years to come. Water damage can happen from both outside elements and from inside your house. Because water damage is caused by so many elements, you must be vigilant. Do you believe that your house is experiencing water damage? Look for the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Stop Water Damage from Occurring
There’s nothing as frustrating as discovering water damage on your property knowing you could have stopped it. Don’t let this happen. Do the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Your house can experience serious damages from a leaking or burst pipe. If you have serious water damages on your hands, call Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your house as soon as possible. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, there’s no water damage too serious for Paul Davis to repair.