How to Repair Fire Damage
Everyone knows how destructive fire can be in a home. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that are just as harmful. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by smoke odor and your walls can be damaged by smoke soot. Experiencing a fire can have disastrous, lasting effects both to your family and your house.
The professionals from Paul Davis understand that your precious possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why our specialists in smoke and soot are here to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damage to your home.
Fire Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, small-scale kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your AC.
- To fan out smokey air, position large fans towards open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings, while using a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
Our Smoke Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals take care of it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing fire removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your house undergone soot damage? Turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we’re done with our smoke restoration services. Our specialists are highly-trained in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life immediately. Call the smoke repair services and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. Our experts get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.