How Can I Repair Smoke Damage?
Everyone knows how destructive fire can be in a home. However, many people don’t know about the other harmful elements of a fire. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while soot can seriously damage walls. Fires can be damaging to both to your house and your family.
Damages to your precious keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why our experts in soot and smoke are here to help. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your home.
Smoke Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your HVAC system so smoke won’t spread.
- Move large fans towards open doors and windows to fan out the smokey air.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of smoke repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your home recently undergone fire damage? Turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. Our smoke restoration services will get your home back to normal sooner rather than later. Our experts are specialized in effective using productive equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning services, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration professionals from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.