Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere so, whether you can identify it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking just under the surface. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the kind of mold that resides in your home or property is the real issue. Mold spores travel through the air, entering structures through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also enter a location on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be practically impossible for you to prevent mold entering your property. You need to be concerned as mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on that can advise on the type of mold present is invaluable. Pair that with an expert who will devise the best way for treatment then perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. The detection and identification of mold is the primary step in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, your best option is working with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis offers mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your home along with major health issues for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold does adversely affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the surfaces it resides in, meaning the longer it goes untreated in your property, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the species of mold growing in your residence and effectively deal with treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 general kinds of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produce toxic substances.
With the abundance of molds that can be found in structures, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid in getting your house healthy and safe from the most damaging molds.
Some common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that grows both indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This large spore mold takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor mold that enters homes. It spreads in damp, porous locations like textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor strains cause asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less common household mold is good, as it is among the more horrible. Stachybotrys needs excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is most often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color then deepens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This highly responsive allergic mold induces skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a dank odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey over time. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in both cold and warm environments and spreads rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is most commonly found in soft goods and grows and spreads in cold weather. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It grows in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, textiles and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds that contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Contact Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know there is mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation servicing necessary to eradicate insidious mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.