Ways to Remediate Fire Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a home. However, many people are unaware of the other detrimental elements of a fire. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while walls can be stained by smoke soot. A fire can have extreme and catastrophic both to your family and your home.
Damages to your cherished keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why our fire repair experts are here to help. Every Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
Fire Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your air conditioning.
- To suck out smoke, put large fans by open windows and doors.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause unwanted stains.
- Clean hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge, while using a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing soot remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we finish our fire remediation services. Our professionals are highly-trained in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration expenses. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Reach out the fire repair services and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. Our experts get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.