Smoke Damage Repair Company Nearby
Everyone knows how destructive fire can be in a home. However, many people disregard the other harmful elements of a fire. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by smoke odor and smoke soot can seriously damage walls. A fire can have deep-rooted, devastating both to your house and your family.
When your precious keepsakes are damaged, it can be devastating. Paul Davis understands. That’s why as fire repair specialists, we’re ready to help. When an emergency strikes, every Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damages to your home.
Clean Up Smoke Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your air conditioning.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to push out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals take care of it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing smoke repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your home had recent smoke and soot damage? Reach out to the experts from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our fire remediation services. Our specialists are specialized in effective smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life immediately. Reach out the fire remediation services and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.