Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can see it or not, there is a good chance mold is in your residence. Mold is a part of nature, however the type of mold that grows in your house or property is the real problem. Mold spores migrate through the air, entering buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a building on shoes, clothing and animals. It is practically impossible for you to prevent mold entering your property. You should take action when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on that can advise on the species of mold present is invaluable. Add to that an expert that can orchestrate the optimal way to treat it and execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for all sorts of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is the initial step in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects relating to the process. We offer mold removal and remediation services along with basic mold inspections. Mold will cause damage to your house along with major health problems to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can adversely affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through any surface it’s found in, meaning that the longer it remains without treatment in your property, the worse its effects are. The experts with Paul Davis can accurately identify the kinds of mold growing in your home and effectively manage treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic strains of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in individuals which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic substances.
With the range of molds that can be found in structures, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis will aid in helping make your residence healthy and safe from the most insidious molds.
Some common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that thrives outdoors and indoors. It can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor mold easily enters homes. It thrives in porous, damp environments like textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor strains trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, fortunately is a less common household mold. It needs excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins light brown or pink in color then darkens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, inducing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in homes after a flood or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown over time and has a musty odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in cold and warm areas and moves rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and migrating in cold weather, Fusarium is pink or coral colored and is most commonly located in a home’s soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It grows in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly located in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Reach Out to Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may suspect or know you have mold in your house call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation services required to remove insidious mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.