Looking out for Water Damage
Despite where you live, your home or business could receive serious water damage. Your building can receive water damages through basement flooding, sewer backups and heavy rainfall. At Paul Davis, we understand the financial and emotional strain that water damages can take on you and your family. When you reach out to our professionals, they’ll be able to reduce the amount of damage your home will sustain. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert can examine and fix the problem, no matter the amount of water damage.
How Can My Home Sustain Water Damage?
We all have home appliances that we need. But a malfunctioning appliance can cause major damage. Any appliance that uses water could cause major issues by flooding. When an emergency strikes, don’t hesitate to call. The water damage mitigation technicians from Paul Davis will arrive as soon as possible to fix the problem and repair water damage efficiently. Here’s a few causes of water damage:
- Leaking or frozen water lines or pipes
- Bathtubs, sinks or toilets overflow
- Sewage and septic tank lines that have backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
- Heavy rainfall or storms
- Cresting streams or rivers
How Can I Prevent Water Damage?
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. If you want to avoid high-priced repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. Consider the following to prevent water damage:
- If any leaks occur, examine them closely and fix them as soon as possible.
- Don’t pour grease down your kitchen sink. This can significantly damage and block your pipes.
- Check that your water pressure isn’t too high, so it isn’t putting undesirable stress on your pipes or hoses.
- In case of an emergency, know how to turn off your water main. When a pipe leaks or bursts, you can shut off your water main immediately to prevent any further damage.
- Keep an eye out for any unforeseen spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your gutters and roof.
To prevent water damage, it’s important to use your common sense. Check your home regularly. If you suspect that you may have a leak or other issue on your hands, don’t wait. If it’s only a minor leak, then try to fix it immediately. But if it’s bigger leak or burst, reach out to the experienced professionals from Paul Davis.
The Water Restoration Services We Offer
When the worst happens, don’t waste any time. Our franchises have 24/7 emergency services. This allows them to fix any water damages as soon as they can. We offer a vast array of water remediation services, such as:
- Assessing water damage
- Water extraction
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring possessions
- Mold and mildew damage remediation
- Locating and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Assisting with filing insurance claims
Call Paul Davis Today
Water damages can cause some major problems for your home. Call Paul! at (517) 465-3096 if you need water damage remediation services. When you call, we’ll connect you with an expert in your area. We‘ve spent 50 years repairing water damages, so you can rely on Paul Davis to take care of whatever water emergency you throw our way.