How Can I Clean Up Fire Damage?
Everyone knows how destructive fire can be in a home. However, many people are unaware of the other harmful elements of a fire. Smoke odor can overwhelm your home and possessions, while your walls can be damaged by soot. Fires can have disastrous effects on both to your house and your family.
The professionals from Paul Davis understand that your cherished possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why our fire restoration specialists are here to help. Each Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damages to your home.
Fire Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. Small-scale fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, turn off your HVAC system.
- To suck out smokey air, position large fans towards open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Use a cloth to clean hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item in your house that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
Paul Davis’s Services
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. The experts from Paul Davis offer all-encompassing smoke remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Rely on Paul Davis
Has your building had recent soot damage? Turn to Paul Davis. Our smoke restoration services will get your building back to normal sooner rather than later. Our specialists are specialized in high-quality smoke repair cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life immediately. Reach out the fire repair services and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.