Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, chances are there is mold on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, although the kind of mold that resides in your house or business can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores migrate through the air and enter structures through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a building on shoes, clothing and animals. It can be nearly impossible for you to eliminate mold encountering your property. It’s only as there is mold growing in your property that you need to be worried. Having an expert to turn to who will advise on the species of mold present is invaluable. Add to that an expert that can devise the best way to treat it then perform the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential abatement services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to treating mold safely, the prime choice is to work with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold can cause damage to your dwelling on top of major health issues to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, does negatively affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the surfaces it’s found in, this means the longer it goes without treatment in your property, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the kinds of mold growing in your home and effectively manage treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic types of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in people that suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produce toxic substances.
With the range of molds that can reside in properties, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis can aid with getting your residence free and safe from the most damaging molds.
Some common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that thrives both outdoors and indoors. It can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold deposits in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi which enters homes. It thrives in overtly moist, porous surfaces like textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor kinds cause asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, fortunately is a less common household mold. It requires excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. Acremonium is a powdery mold that grows in a variety of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins pink or light brown in color but darkens to dark brown-black the older it is. This highly allergic responsive mold is responsible for causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in residences after a flood or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown over time and carries a musty odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in both warm and cold environments and spreads rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and migrating in cold temperatures, Fusarium is pink or coral colored and is most commonly found in a home’s soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It thrives in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds that contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Contact Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect there is mold in your residence call the team with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation servicing necessary to remove dangerous mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.