Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere and, whether you can see it or not, chances are your house has mold lurking just under the surface. Mold is something that occurs naturally, although the type of mold that resides in your house or property is the real problem. Mold spores travel through the air, entering buildings through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a home on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be virtually impossible for you to stop mold entering your residence. It’s only as there is mold growing in your house that you need to be worried. Having an expert to rely on that can advise on the species of mold present is imperative. Pair that with an expert who will devise the best way to treat it then execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with in depth knowledge in this field. The detection and identification of mold is the initial step in what can be a long process. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best working with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. We provide mold removal and remediation services as well basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your property on top of major health issues for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will adversely affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it resides in, this means the longer it goes without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. The experts with Paul Davis can accurately identify the species of mold growing in your residence and effectively deal with treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 basic kinds of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in people that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produce toxic microorganisms.
With the range of molds that can reside in properties, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis will assist in getting your house healthy and safe from the most damaging molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that thrives both indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi that enters homes. It thrives in porous, overtly moist areas like textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, fortunately is the least common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It is a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This variety of mold is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins pink or light brown in color but darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, causing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a dank odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in both warm and cold areas and moves quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is most commonly found in soft goods and thrives and moves in cold temperatures. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It does well in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always found in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Contact Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know you have mold in your residence call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation services required to remove insidious mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.