Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Mold is pretty much everywhere so, whether you can identify it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking just under the surface. Mold is a part of nature, but the type of mold that is found in your house or business is the real issue. Mold spores travel through the air, entering structures through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a home on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be nearly impossible for you to stop mold entering your residence. You should take action as mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to consult with who will advise on the type of mold present is worth the expense. Pair that with an expert that can develop the optimal way to treat it then carry out the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has in depth knowledge in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be an arduous procedure. When it comes to the treatment of mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis offers mold remediation and removal services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold will cause damage to your home and major health issues for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold does negatively affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the surfaces it grows in, this means the longer it goes without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the strains of mold growing in your residence and effectively handle treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 basic types of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in people which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microbes.
With the range of molds that can reside in any given property, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid with making your residence safe and free from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that grows both indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be located in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor mold easily enters homes. It grows in overtly moist, porous locations such as textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor variety bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, luckily is the least common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out pink or light brown in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, inducing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages and carries a dank odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in both warm and cold areas and spreads rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts adversely with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is commonly found in soft goods and grows and spreads in cold weather. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It grows in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, wood and textiles. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds and contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect you have mold in your residence call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation services required to eradicate insidious mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.