Fire Damage Can Be Remediated
Fire can be extremely damaging to a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that can be just as harmful. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by the smell of smoke and soot can seriously stain walls. Fires can be damaging to both to your family and your home.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand that your precious keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why as fire restoration experts, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
Fire Damage Can Be Repaired
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. Smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your AC to stop smoke from spreading.
- Move large fans towards open windows and doors to fan out the smoke.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a rag to wipe down hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of fire remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the experts from Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, you’ll have your home back sooner rather than later. Our experts are specialized in effective smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal costs. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.