Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Mold can be found everywhere and, whether you can spot it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the strain of mold that has spread in your home or property is the real issue. Mold spores move through the air and enter buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also enter a residence on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is nearly impossible for you to eliminate mold encountering your residence. It’s only as there is mold growing in your home that you have cause for concern. Having an expert to turn to that can tell you the type of mold present is priceless. Add to that an expert that can devise the optimal way for treatment then execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential abatement services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with a high level of experience in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is the first step in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, your prime choice is working with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold can cause damage to your home along with major health problems to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will adversely affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the surfaces it’s found in, this means the longer it goes without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. The professionals with Paul Davis can correctly identify the strains of mold growing in your house and effectively handle treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 general strains of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in individuals that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microbes.
With the abundance of molds that can reside in homes, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis can assist with getting your home safe and free from the most damaging molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that thrives both outdoors and indoors. It can be located in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungi that enters homes. It thrives in porous, overtly moist locations such as wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor variety cause asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, fortunately is a less common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is most often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out light brown or pink in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly allergic responsive mold causes skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown over time and carries a musty odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in both cold and warm areas and migrates quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is most commonly found in soft goods and thrives and migrates in cold weather. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It grows in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly found in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Call Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know there is mold in your home call the experts with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation services required to eradicate dangerous mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.