Smoke Damage Can Be Remediated
Fire can be very damaging to a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that are just as detrimental. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by the smell of smoke, while walls can be stained by smoke soot. Fires can be damaging to both to your home and your family.
Damages to your precious keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why as experts in soot and smoke damage, we’re here to help. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your house.
Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your air conditioning.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to suck out the smoke.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Clean hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing smoke removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your home had recent smoke damage? Reach out to the experts from Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, you’ll have your house back sooner rather than later. Our specialists are specialized in effective smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration expenses. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Call the smoke remediation services and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. We’ll get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.