No House is Immune to Water Damage
No property can be immune to water damages. Your property can receive water damages through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. Water damages on your home can take take a severe toil on you and your family. At Paul Davis, we understand.To minimize the amount of damage your home will undergo, contact the professionals as soon as possible. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your home, they’ll analyze and fix the problem, no matter the size of water damage. However, you can avoid the cost of water damages. It’s imperative for every homeowner to understand how to protect their home from water damages.
How Does Water Damage Happen?
How can you beat water damages? Prevention. That’s why it’s imperative to be constantly on the lookout for the signs of water damage. This might require taking the time to analyze the parts of the home that use the most water. You can never be too cautious. Here‘s what can cause water damage in the home:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
How to Stop Water Damage from Occurring
The most efficient way to avoid water damage is to take action. To avoid expensive repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims, preventive action is key. To stop water damage, try the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
A seemingly innocent leaking faucet or shower head can spiral into a bigger problem. You can take precautionary actions to stop water damages. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s too late. In that case, call Paul Davis (517) 465-3096. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Rely on us to help you.