Ways to Repair Fire Damage
Fire can be very destructive to a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that are just as detrimental. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by smoke odor, while soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. Experiencing a fire can have catastrophic and extreme effects both to your family and your house.
When your cherished keepsakes are damaged, it can be devastating. Paul Davis understands. That’s why our experts in soot and smoke are ready to help. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your building.
Fire Damage Can Be Repaired
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. Small-scale flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your air conditioning to stop spreading smoke.
- To suck out smokey air, put large fans by open windows and doors.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a cloth to clean countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
Our Smoke Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers a variety of smoke remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our smoke remediation services. Our specialists are highly-trained in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal expenses. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration specialists from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.