Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Mold can be found everywhere so, whether you can spot it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is a part of nature, but the species of mold that resides in your home or property is the real issue. Mold spores travel through the air and enter buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a residence on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be practically impossible for you to prevent mold infiltrating your property. It’s only as mold is growing in your property that you have cause for worry. Having an expert to turn to who will advise on the type of mold present is priceless. Add to that an expert that can develop the optimal way to treat it and perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has in depth experience in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is the primary step in what can be a long process. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, it is best working with a company who specializes in all aspects of the process. We offer mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your property and major health concerns for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will negatively affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the environment it’s found in, this means that the longer it goes without treatment in your property, the worse its effects are. The professionals with Paul Davis can accurately identify the types of mold growing in your house and effectively handle treating it.
Types of Mold
There are 3 basic strains of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in people who suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produce toxic microbes.
With the range of molds that can be found in any given residence, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid with making your home safe and free from the most damaging molds.
Some common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which grows indoors and outdoors. It can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that deposits in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor mold which enters homes. It spreads in porous, overtly moist areas like textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor strains cause asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least rampant household mold is good, as it is among the more terrible. Stachybotrys requires excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It is a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out pink or light brown in color but deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, inducing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a dank odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in warm and cold environments and spreads rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and migrating in cold weather, this mold is coral or pink colored and is commonly found in a home’s soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It grows in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, textiles and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is nearly always found in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might suspect or know there is mold in your home call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation services necessary to eradicate insidious mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.