Repairing Fire Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a house. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Smoke odor can overtake your home and possessions, while your walls can be damaged by soot. A fire can have lasting and catastrophic both to your family and your home.
Damages to your precious possessions can be devastating. That’s why our specialists in soot and smoke are here to help you restore your damaged possessions. Every Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately, so we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your house.
How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Your building can undergo serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your AC.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to push out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could create stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture with a cloth.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing fire removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the professionals from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our smoke remediation services. Our experts are highly-trained in high-quality using productive equipment during our smoke repair cleaning methods, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage removal expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration professionals from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.