Water Damage Can Happen in Any House
Unless you have experience with water damage, it can be extremely hard to detect. If you need experts that are well-trained in water damage, turn to Paul Davis. Our experienced professionals have restored water damage at every level of severity at extremely affordable rates. Do you have unforeseen water damage on your hands? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis immediately. However, every homeowner needs to be able to identify water damage. It’s imperative to understand what precautionary actions to take in order to prevent water damage. The key to water damage restoration is prevention.
How Water Damage Happens
Water damage occurs when extra water accumulates in places where it can cause problems. Paul Davis will come to your house to examine water damage as soon as possible. However, it’s important to know the signs of water damage. If you can avoid water damage, you‘ll be able to live in your house for a long time. Water damage can occur from both outside elements and from inside your house. Despite how water damage occurs, it’s important to be vigilant. If you suspect that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Avoiding Water Damage
Don’t wait for water damage to occur– take action. Productive prevention is the best way to avoid costly repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. Try the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Has your house experienced water damages? Don’t hesitate. The longer you wait, the worse the damages will become. For efficient water damage remediation services, reach out to Paul Davis today at (517) 465-3096. When your local Paul Davis technicians come to your home, you can relaxing knowing you’ll be in capable hands. You can trust that we’ll take care of any water damages that have occurred in your house.