Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can see it or not, chances are there is mold in your residence. Mold is a part of nature, although the kind of mold that resides in your home or property is the real problem. Mold spores can travel through the air, entering buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a building on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be nearly impossible for you to stop mold entering your house. You need to be concerned as mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on that can advise on the strain of mold present is invaluable. Add to that an expert that can develop the best way for treatment then perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has a high level of experience in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best working with a company who specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis provides mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold inspections. Mold can cause damage to your home on top of major health issues for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can negatively affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the environment it grows in, this means the longer it remains without treatment in your house, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the species of mold growing in your property and effectively manage treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 general species of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in individuals who suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microbes.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in any given structure, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid with helping make your residence free and safe from the most dangerous molds.
Some common molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold that thrives outdoors and indoors. It can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly located in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This large spore mold takes traction in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus that enters homes. It spreads in overtly moist, porous locations such as wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor kinds trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, fortunately is a less common household mold. It needs excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. This is a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins pink or light brown in color then darkens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This highly allergic responsive mold induces eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages and carries a musty odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in warm and cold areas and migrates quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is commonly located in soft goods and thrives and migrates in cold weather. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It grows in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, wood and textiles. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly located in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect you have mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation services necessary to eradicate insidious mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.