Water Damage Can Occur in Any Home
When you’re so busy maintaining and cleaning your home, checking for water damage probably isn’t on the forefront of your mind. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often discovered when it’s too late to reverse the damage. If this happens to you, it’s imperative to call the experts as soon as possible. Your local Paul Davis experts will come to your house to evaluate and restore any water damage. But there are preemptive steps that any homeowner can take to prevent expensive water damage repairs. All homeowners need to know the signs of water damage in your home, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
How Does Water Damage Occur?
How does your home sustain water damage? When extra water collects in areas where it can cause problems. Paul Davis will come to your home to assess water damage at a moment’s notice. However, it’s important to know the signs of water damage. If you can avoid water damage altogether, you‘ll be able to live in your home for a long time. Water damage can occur from both outside elements and from inside your home. Despite how water damage occurs, it’s critical to be vigilant. If you believe that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Avoiding Water Damage
Are you worried about your home receiving water damages? There are a few preemptive steps that you can take. You can never be too careful. Take the following steps to stop water damage from happening:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
A seemingly innocent leaking pipe or washing machine can spiral into a bigger problem. You can take preemptive steps to stop water damages. Unfortunately, it could be too late. In that case, call Paul Davis (517) 465-3096. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Let us help you.