Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a house. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that can be just as destructive. Smoke odor can overwhelm your home and possessions and smoke soot can seriously damage walls. Fires can have damaging effects on both to your house and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand that your cherished keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why as experts in soot and smoke damage, we’re here to help. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damage to your house.
How Can I Repair Smoke Damage?
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. Smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your air conditioning to stop smoke from spreading.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to fan out the smokey air.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause stains.
- Wipe down hard surfaces with a rag.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. Paul Davis offers a variety of fire remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your building recently undergone smoke damage? Turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. Our fire restoration services will get your building back to normal sooner rather than later. Our experts are specialized in high-quality using productive equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning services. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration professionals from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.