Be on the Lookout for Water Damage
You’ve got a lot worry about. Worrying about water damage probably isn’t on the forefront of your mind. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often discovered when it’s too late to reverse the damage. Has your home undergone water damage? Call the professionals as soon as possible. Your local Paul Davis professionals will be able to evaluate and repair any water damage they find in your home. But there are things you can do around the home to avoid costly water damage repairs. All homeowners need to be aware of the signs of water damage in your home, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
How Water Damage Happens
Prevention is the most effective way to beat water damage. That’s why it’s imperative to be on the lookout for the signs of water damage. You’ll have to examine the parts of the home that use water. You can never be too careful. Here‘s what can cause water damage in the home:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage
The best way to avoid water damage is to take action. Productive prevention is the best way to avoid expensive repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims. Try the following to avoid water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaking pipe or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis (517) 465-3096. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Let us take care of you.