Fire Damage Repair Company
Fire can cause some major damage to a home. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. The smell of smoke can overwhelm your home and possessions and soot can seriously damage walls. A fire can have disastrous, lasting effects both to your family and your house.
The specialists from Paul Davis understand that your cherished possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why as fire repair specialists, we’re here to help. Every Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your home.
Cleaning Up Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t act quickly, smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your AC to stop smoke from spreading.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to push out the smokey air.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Fire Restoration Process
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the experts handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of fire remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the professionals from Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, you’ll have your space back sooner rather than later. Our specialists are highly-trained in effective using productive equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning methods. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage repair expenses. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke remediation services and smoke cleanup experts from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. Our experts connect you with the franchise closest to you.