Ways to Remediate Fire Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a home. However, there are many elements of fire, including soot and smoke, that can be just as destructive. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by the smell of smoke and your walls can be damaged by soot. Fires can be damaging to both to your family and your home.
Damages to your cherished keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why our fire repair specialists are ready to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your house.
Fire Damage Can Be Repaired
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. Closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your AC so smoke won’t spread.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to fan out the smokey air.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to clean countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of fire remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
Has your home undergone smoke and soot damage? Reach out to Paul Davis. Our fire restoration services will get your home back to normal sooner rather than later. Our specialists are specialized in effective smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage repair expenses. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.