About Black Mold
No homeowner wants black mold, but what is it? Also called Stachybotrys, black mold likes to grow in wet areas and is most commonly found in areas where condensation has collected or pools or stagnant water inside. Spores enter the house via doors, other openings or brought in on personal items and clothing. While most fungus around your house aren’t dangerous, this species leads to illness if ignored.
Black Mold Poisoning
The spores black mold produces are the major cause behind black mold poisoning. Typically symptoms include chronic sneezing, eye, nose and throat irritation and rashes. Other symptoms include, chronic fatigue and persistent headaches can all be symptomatic of black mold exposure or black mold poisoning. Particularly severe occurances of long-term exposure to black mold are more dangerous. Often compounded by allergic reaction to the black mold spores, these symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the lungs and nose.
More about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never postpone calling a professional to inspect for mold infestation. They can go unnoticed for weeks, and then spring up virtually overnight.
Once mold produces colonies in your property, it quickly breeds and releases toxins that make life difficult for inhabitants:
- Mold emits a pungent, mildewed smell that stops rooms from smelling clean.
- Mold causes serious problems for allergy-sensitive people, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and trouble breathing.
- Mold toxins can trigger long-lasting inflammation and continuous cold-like symptoms.
- Individuals with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological concerns or even death.
- The more prolonged the exposure, the greater the danger.
Exceptionally humid homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold infestations even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get a skillful opinion immediately.
To get rid of mold, the atmosphere where it flourishes must first be eliminated. Water sources have to be handled, and any remaining moisture must be carefully dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to curtail the tide. Moisture can saturate hidden portions of your home. Without proper cleanup procedures, mold will keep returning to these areas.
Contact Paul Davis today if your home has black mold. We safely inspect and confirm the existence of black mold before removal. You can rely on our specialists to remove black mold quickly. Keep your family safe, get a black mold inspection today.