Fire Damage Repair Company Nearby
Everyone knows how damaging fire can be in a home. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that are just as harmful. Smoke odor can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings and smoke soot can seriously damage walls. A fire can have disastrous and extreme effects both to your home and your family.
The specialists from Paul Davis understand any damages to your cherished keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why our experts in soot and smoke are here to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately. We’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
Fire Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Your house can receive serious smoke damage without a major fire. Smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your air conditioning.
- Move large fans towards open doors and windows to push out the smoke.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Wipe down hard surfaces with a rag.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge, while using a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
Our Smoke Restoration Process
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. Paul Davis offers a variety of soot removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your house undergone smoke and soot damage? Turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our fire repair services. Our specialists are specialized in high-quality using the proper equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning methods, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal costs. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration professionals from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.