Fire Damage Can Be Repaired
Fire can be extremely destructive to a home. However, there are many elements of fire, including soot and smoke, that are just as detrimental. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while walls can be stained by smoke soot. A fire can have lasting, catastrophic both to your family and your home.
When your precious possessions are damaged, it can be disheartening. Paul Davis understands. That’s why as fire restoration specialists, we’re ready to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
Fire Damage Can Be Repaired
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your air conditioning.
- Move large fans towards open doors and windows to push out the smokey air.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. Paul Davis offers a variety of smoke repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. After we finish up our restorations services, you’ll have your space back sooner rather than later. Our specialists are highly-trained in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair expenses. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke remediation services and smoke cleanup experts from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. We’ll help connect you with the franchise closest to you.