Be on the Lookout for Water Damage
No home or business can be immune to water damages. Water damages can occur through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. Water damages on your home can take take a severe toil on you and your family. At Paul Davis, we understand.Call the professionals immediately to decrease the amount of water damage your property will undergo. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your property, they’ll evaluate and repair the problem. While we can help repair your building, there are ways you can avoid the expense of water damage. It’s imperative for every homeowner to understand how to protect their building from water damages.
How Does Water Damage Occur?
Chances are, there‘s an appliance in your home that you rely on. But if your appliance is broken, it can often cause more harm than good. Whether it’s your washing machine, dishwasher, faucets or toilet, any of these appliances can leak and cause significant issues. When an emergency strikes, the professionals from Paul Davis can arrive on the scene to fix any leaks and quickly repair water damage. Count on Paul Davis to fix water damage from the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Avoiding Water Damage
It isn’t uncommon for homeowners to find water damage on their property when it’s too late. In most cases, they could’ve done something to prevent it. You can avoid this. To avoid water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaky pipe or shower head can spiral into a bigger problem. You can take precautionary steps to avoid water damages. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis (517) 465-3096. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Trust us to take care of you.