Smoke Damage Can Be Remediated
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a house. However, many people don’t know about the other detrimental elements of a fire. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while your walls can be stained by soot. Experiencing a fire can have catastrophic and lasting effects both to your family and your house.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished possessions can be disheartening. That’s why our fire repair technicians are ready to help restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
Ways to Clean Up Smoke Damage
Your building can receive serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your HVAC system.
- Move large fans towards open doors and windows to fan out the smoke.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause unwanted stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item in your house that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
Our Fire Restoration Process
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of smoke remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Should Rely on Paul Davis
Has your building had recent soot damage? Reach out to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we’re done with our smoke remediation services. Our professionals are specialized in effective using the proper equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning services, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage repair expenses. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration professionals from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. Our experts connect you with the franchise closest to you.