Fighting Black Mold
Every homeowner worries about black mold, but what is it? Black mold (also known as Stachybotrys) likes to grow in wet areas and is most commonly seen around condensation or pools or standing water inside. These spores enter the house by windows, small entrances or tracked on shoes and coats. While most molds found in your house aren’t dangerous, this variety can cause health problems if left untreated.
Signs of Black Mold Exposure
Black mold is a poisonous fungus with airborne toxins. Symptoms include chronic sneezing, eye, nose and throat irritation as well as skin rashes. Other symptoms include chronic fatigue and persistent headaches. Particularly serious occurances of prolonged contact to black mold are more dangerous. Often compounded by allergic reaction to the black mold spores, these symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the lungs and nose.
More about Mold
Mold quickly spread across walls, floors and ceilings. Whenever your home suffers water damage, you should have a professional check the walls for mold infestations. They can go ignored for weeks, and then spring up practically overnight.
Once mold creates colonies in your living space, it quickly breeds and discharges toxins that make life unpleasant for occcupants:
- Mold emits a pungent, musty smell that stops rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold wreaks havoc on allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- A black mold infestation can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can activate long-lasting inflammation and ongoing cold-like symptoms.
- People with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological issues or even death.
- The more prolonged the exposure, the more severe the danger.
Unusually damp homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold invasions even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get a skillful opinion immediately.
To get rid of mold, the environment where it flourishes must first be eliminated. Water sources have to be dealt with, and any residual moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mold removal and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to close the tide. Moisture can soak out-of-sight portions of your home. Without proper cleanup procedures, mold will keep coming back to these spots.
Contact Paul Davis now if your home contains black mold. We safely inspect and confirm the presence of black mold before treatment. Depend on our professionals to remove black mold quickly. Keep your family safe, call for a black mold inspection now.