Preventing Water Damage
When you’re so busy cleaning and taking care of your home, checking for water damage probably isn’t a priority. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often found when it’s too late to reverse the damage. Has your home experienced water damage? Call the professionals as soon as possible. The professionals from Paul Davis will arrive at your home to evaluate and restore any water damage in your home. But there are things you can do around the house to avoid costly water damage repairs. All homeowners need to be aware of the signs of water damage in your home.
What Causes Water Damage?
How does water damage occur? When extra water accumulates in places where it can cause problems. Paul Davis is always ready to come to your home to analyze water damage. However, it’s important to know the signs of water damage. If you can avoid water damage altogether, you‘ll be able to live in your home for years to come. Flooding can occur from both outside elements and from inside your home. Because water damage is caused by so many elements, you must be careful. If you suspect that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Stop Water Damage from Occurring
There’s nothing as frustrating as finding water damage on your property knowing you could have stopped it. You can avoid this. Do the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
A seemingly innocent leaking pipe or shower head can spiral into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis (517) 465-3096. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Trust us to take care of you.