Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Mold can be found everywhere so, whether you can spot it or not, chances are your house has mold lurking just under the surface. Mold is a part of nature, however the species of mold that is found in your home or business can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores migrate through the air and enter buildings through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a location on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be nearly impossible for you to stop mold encountering your house. It’s only as there is mold growing in your property that you need to be worried. Having an expert to rely on who will advise on the species of mold present is worth the expense. Pair that with an expert that can devise the optimal way for treatment and execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial abatement services for all sorts of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with in depth knowledge in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is the first step in what can be a long process. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. Paul Davis provides mold remediation and removal services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your home and major health concerns to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will negatively affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it lives in, meaning that the longer it goes without treatment in your house, the worse its effects are. The experts with Paul Davis can correctly identify the kinds of mold growing in your residence and effectively deal with treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 basic kinds of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in people which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic substances.
With the range of molds that can be found in homes, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis will aid in making your home safe and free from the most damaging molds.
Some common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold that grows both indoors and outdoors. It can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It spreads in porous, damp locations such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less rampant household mold is lucky, as it is among the more insidious. Stachybotrys needs excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. Acremonium is a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out light brown or pink in color but darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly responsive allergic mold causes eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in homes after a flood or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown over time and has a musty odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in both cold and warm environments and spreads rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and migrating in cold temperatures, this mold is pink or coral colored and is commonly located in soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It does well in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Speak With Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might know or suspect there is mold in your house call the team with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation servicing required to remove insidious mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.